Monday, March 30, 2009

before the bug bites

ahh the joy that is spring quarter. I have given myself a FULL plate this quarter and i hope hope hope that I will be able to handle it. I don't know what I will do when things REALLY start to get crazy, but I have full belief that I can do it. Just have to knuckle down on myself.

This quarter it will be an interesting balancing act dancing with APO and MCIA. I look forward to the experience but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried. During the day I will be working MWF and have full class days on TuTh. Finding time here and there for HW is going to be critical and I'm going to HAVE to start getting things (i.e. papers and whatnot) done early. But that's fine.

Because in 11.5 weeks, I will be on a plane to go and see the boy who makes my heart do summersaults! =) The flight is booked, my passport application has been submitted so now it's all finishing touches. I'm still worried about two things that I'll have to deal with when I get there...but I think everything can be managed. =) I feel so much happier now that I know when I'll be seeing him in person again. You have no idea how much it drives me nuts to have to wake up, read an email from him and then try to fill my day with things to do so the wait til he wakes up (which is around 5pm our time) so I can speak to him again. IF the day isn't busy for me, or for him that's what it's like. This quarter will make it difficult to stick to that schedule but you know me, determined to try and more than willing to die in the process. hahaha

I know that last spring quarter, in the month before APO dance comp I was going full sprint attending MCIA practices on a normal schedule, advising at APO practices every night that I wasnt with MCIA, barely making it to class, working when I was able to squeeze it in, and interviewing with pledges. FML. The day of dance comp/after dance comp I was so worn out that I literally gave it my last push to get through dance comp and had to try to make it to the end of the quarter without completely burning out. I know I was doing too much then, and sure I have more now but now I have something much better to help me along, a strong supporting boyfriend, and the motivation that helps me accomplish impossible feats (this is the motivation that I lost a couple years back). Last spring quarter was a full sprint to the finish running on half a tank, and NOW I am running at my own pace, and I brought snacks to keep my energy up. =)

I'm funny...trying to sound all cool. hahahaha I'm jsut so excited and anxious for this quarter that I suppose I'm trying to express everything all at once and in my opinion it's translating funny.

I'll blog more this quarter abuot how I'm coping with the stress, but know that I am totally up for this challenge. Let me know if you're interested in becoming a part of spring madness! hahahaha


<3bam

No comments: