Thursday, April 23, 2009

it'll be ok.

dear darling,

I know the world is a frustrating place and I know how hard it can be to keep your thoughts floating high amidst the sea of people determined to win the "my life is worse than yours" competition, but I believe in you. Never have I doubted your ability to maintain your dignity or your ability to overcome the blindness of others. If we can all see the way our world is trying to help us live a good life then we can be happy, and we can get past our love for loathing. You can rise above, and you will, just believe in it.

I go through my day despising people here and there and claiming that "people suck" yet despite my pessimism, I always feel content at the end of the day and I always tell myself that all my work during the day paid off, even if I'm not the one reaping the rewards. For example, me being cautious in the parking structure after some idiot cut me off while making a wide turn while talking on their cell phone pays off because after I get angry I wait for a good spot, get one, and in turn I get to be polite to someone who otherwise might have felt rushed to get out of their parking spot and I spare those who encounter me during my wait the hassle of yet another irresponsible driver. I guess I'm outwardly pessimistic yet inside I'm still optimistic little me.

Why? Because like you, I'm forced to conform to people around me who only want to aknowledge how hard it is for them. Fight it. Be proud of your hard life. It will be ok. Trust me. Faith.

I love you.

<3sami

No comments: