Friday, September 26, 2008

summer 2008...who knew?!?

summer 2008 was a SHOCKER. really though I never would've guessed what kind of summer I was on the way when school ended back in June it's insane.

First off, lemme start by saying I never thought I would end up with a roomie as unique (in that she is amazingly caring, thoughtful, and inspiring) as Diana. =) What started as a simple "stay over since you got locked out and it's easier for me not to have to go pick you up again" ended up as "ROOMIE I MISS YOU!" From shopping to partying to COOKING (yeah I know right?! me cooking...wteff) we had some gooooood times this summer. And looking back at it 60% of my summer happiness came from time spent with D. Before this summer we were tight, bay girls from the start (her info night) and dancers to the core. Now I know I've got another homegirl whose got my back and I've got someone I can run to when I need to be held down. Lol as funny as it sounds it's also comforting that there's someone who SHOPS MORE THAN ME! I know that once things started picking up for me I ended up devoting less time to this friendship but I think this summer laid the foundation for something that will only continue to grow, and I'm grateful for that. It's funny how life rewards you when you put yourself out there for a friend.

Also this summer was the first time that I took summer classess ALL SUMMER. Note to self: sumemr is for taking a break, don't ever do that again...=(. My first class was alright but my goodness, it's hard to concentrate during summer. I know that taking my writing class during the summer was a smart idea and believe me it was a good class with a good timeline, but my second class (stats) was a joke. Gah...now I understand why people hate summer classes. last summer it wasn't too bad when I took two classes in one session and they were back to back but having a schedule like I did, on top of working almost every morning for (what I consider a lame amount of time) 2 hours, wore me out and made me feel stressed during summer, what's usually my only break.

Ohhh so summer set, I have to talk about summer set. This summer MCIA had it's first summer performances and I have to say it was interesting practicing during the summer on OLD pieces and NOT for welcome week. Haha good stuff though. Welcome week practices and showcase were amazing too. bonding, letting the epsilons in on the little bit of all love that's extra special in our hearts, watching to see the little signs of improvement we've all made...sigh good stuff.

And then my latest adventure...and adventure really is the right word for it. I liked him before but I never thought that he would like me back, and goodness knows he never seemed to respond to any of my approaches. Lol it's funny how I know now how UNBELIEVABLY OBLIVIOUS he is. And I mean oblivious to it's utmost extent...sigh. It's funny, when you finally realize you can have what you want and enjoy all of it you kind of don't know what to do with yourself. He makes me feel that way. Makes me feel like I won't need anything else, well besides what I already have (as in Friends, Family, Team, Bro's and now him). It's weird feeling this whole feeling complete thing. I'll admit that there's quite a bit to adjust to, certain things that really are new and different for me (that category does still exist thanks), but it really doesn't seem hard to adjust at all. I sit here and think about it and yeah I'm scared about when he leaves, but I'm ok with it. I see how challenging it could be and I see how hard it will be when either of us is in need but I believe in him. He's a hardworker my babe, and a strong believer. I couldn't ask for better. =)

Mmmmm also this summer BOTH of my nephews celebrated their first birthdays. I was only able to attend a party for the first one but I can't believe that the next generation of my family is already well on it's way in this world. Crazy to think that I'm not that far off from joining my cousins...the ones who are established, engaged, married, working, moving away, and all that sort of thing. I don't know how I feel about that...now that I think about it. I want to think that everything will be ok that everything will fall into place...but we'll see...

Have I mentioned that I've also found a best friend in my dear babe Kris Mark. =) I could write a whoooole lot about how awesome he's been but I'm sure that if i just tell you that he's the first person i hope to im when i get online, on my top five text list for when something brand new happens to me, and inspirational beyond any words when it comes to the terms passion and art you'll understand how important a friend he's become to me. =)

My new home, the grove is also something worth noting. A new home, a real home, somewhere I can feel comfortable, somewhere I can take care of, and a place that I can love alongside my other roommates. Jen did an awesome job when she picked our new home, and her sense of responsibility as well as her accountability assure me that this is a good growing place for both of us. I'm getting used to sharing a room again, but I like sharing with Erika. Sharing space with someone who has her act together is sooooooooo refreshing. =) I love my roomies, and I love the grove. Spending more time with kirby is also nice.

Sigh, this summer, I chased after romance, relocated, said hello to new family, re-educated myself on the terms of friendship, and so much more. From the trips to the fair, late night movie marathons, random shoppingt rips, foodruns in the middle of the night, and tons of hours devoted to birthday fun I've re-learned what it takes for me to have fun and smile. Everyone needs a little refresher course in their own life sometimes. This summer was a good step back for me and a FUN and AMAZING jump forward.

I wish I could sound more inspirational right now and more composed but I'm going through one of those messy phases right now. One of those delightful time periods where everything just got thrown up the air and now I have to watch as it all falls and slowly sort everything as it falls in front of me. I don't use falling to imply that things are getting worse I'm simply trying to say that since life how I last had it arranged wasn't working out I'm now trying a new arrangement that isn't planned it's just forming as I live from day to day. Waking up grateful, going to sleep content, it's a nice change.


<3bam

No comments: