Thursday, September 11, 2008

what a week. =)

wow...just wow...this week was...a BLUR.

i left of friday night by simply saying that my parents arrived in socal safely and met and loved my charming babe. =) Saturday was so much fun which basically means it was the perfect follow up to friday night. I woke up pretty early, babe came over, and me and D and rhonda started packing/cleaning what was left in my apt. When my parentals finally got there I had enough packed for a quick trip to my new place while my mom finished up some cleaning. We were out of there by 1 I believe.

It was bitersweet leaving norte. The place where I finally had my own space and finally felt like I had the freedom to live on my own isn't mine anymore. But that's ok, learning to let go is always a vital lesson. I know I'll miss the times I spent in my apartment after I began to appreciate it's homelike qualities. But I am quite happy to let go of a space that holds so many memories in favor of starting anew. Goodbye 28526 I hope the next person treats you as well as we did.

Anyways, after moving the last of my belongings into my new place my parents, des, and I went to CURRY HOUSE for a bite to eat. It was really awesome seeing him open up to them and watching my mom thoroughly enjoy a new kind of food experience. My dad found des' super bubbly super hot soup really interesting. That was kinda cute. Afterwards we headed over to ikea to meet D and Rhonda to help them out and to shop for my BED. We took our time strolling through ikea, getting ideas and having a little bit of fun dreaming about what we hope for future rooms and what not. It took a little while to pick out a mattress but I already knew what bedframe I was getting (coincidentally its the full size version of jen's twin size bed) so that part was pretty speedy.

Now me being the usual silly person that I am, the whole fun family girl image had to start snapping back into alignment with reality and I had a totaly pig moment when I stuffed a large portion of my cinammon roll into my mouth. It was kinda funny to see des and my mom react in exactly the same way, with mouths hanging open and eyes full of disbelief that I fit that whole piece in my mouth and didn't bother to chew. Haha...oh boy.


Anyways after we dropped off D and Rhonda's stuff we headed back to my place to tackle the next challenge...assembling my bed!! I put on happy feet for my mom so she would have something to do while we were working, and we set out to assemble my full sized comfort zone. It went smoothly...until ikea decided to have us try to install something on the BOTTOM of the frame....i was quite frustrated...but it came out alright and I'm loving the bed I'm sleeping on now (well sitting on at the moment). Afterwards we went to TGIF for dinner and had AWESOME conversation. =)

SUUUNDAY...I was on my own with my parents fora little while, at target, mervyns and lowe's to pick up some last minute things for my new place. And sadly, they had to leave that day. We hung out at my place for a little bit before they decided to start heading home, and des rushed to get here before they left (which was really sweet and pretty much secured his invitation to my place for thanksgiving). I was sad after my parents left, I love seeing them relax and feel like their work is appreciated. Sigh.

mmmm....I suppose I'll save the blog about my birthday and the rest of this week for another time...I don't feel like I should write anymore, need to let this one sit a bit ya know? Haha...

Hmm an ending note...I suppose I'll end by admitting that this is in fact the happiest I have been in quite some time, and I'm so glad life surprised me with this sudden burst of contentment when it did. Props big guy, good call. =)

oh and...I'm meeting his family tomorrow...I can only hope it goes as well as his intro to my fam and pray that it doesn't turn into my last encounter with well..you know...=/ but I"M OPTIMISTIC! I can't help it...he makes me so happy...=)

<3bam

No comments: